ASSISTANCE TO SCHOOLS
In the midst of a challenging economy, many Catholic schools throughout western Washington are in need of direct financial assistance more than ever before.
For schools that are currently struggling to meet their operating costs, the shock of a significant emergency expense may necessitate a reduction of staff. Other schools may be forced to delay critical maintenance projects for years due to a lack of funds. Thankfully, the Fulcrum Foundation has a plan in place to keep schools financially viable when faced with major expenses that exceed their budgets.
This past fiscal year, Fulcrum distributed a total of $1,406,000 to 20 schools. St. Therese School in Seattle received funds to open a brand new pre-K program through Fulcrum's fund-a-school initiative. In 2010, a Fulcrum Assistance to Schools in Need grant enabled Immaculate Conception & Our Lady of Perpetual Help School in Everett to move forward with health and safety capital improvements, including seismic retrofits (Click here to read the story).
Schools and communities receiving Fulcrum assistance are grateful not only for the financial support, but also for the gifts of hope and encouragement. Katie Beyer, Principal of Saint Mary School in Aberdeen, shared these words of gratitude in response to the grant received by her school:
“As we enter yet another economic downturn, we all sleep better at night knowing the Fulcrum Foundation is supporting and nurturing Saint Mary School.”
-Katie Beyer, Principal
Principal Beyer’s words are a tribute to all donors of the Fulcrum Foundation who are committed to keeping Catholic schools open through their generosity and loving care for the community.
If you would like to help keep our schools open, click here.
For information on applying for an Assistance to Schools in Need grant, click here.
2012-2013 Assistance to Schools in Need Grant Recipients
- Assumption School, Bellingham
- Holy Family School, Auburn
- Holy Family School, Lacey
- Holy Family School, Seattle
- Holy Rosary Regional School/Juan Diego Academy, Tacoma
- Queen of Angels School, Port Angeles
- St. Alphonsus School, Seattle
- St. Cecilia School, Bainbridge Island
- St. Edward School, Seattle
- St. George School, Seattle
- St. Joseph School, Chehalis
- St. Mary School, Aberdeen
- St. Matthew School, Seattle
- St. Paul School, Seattle
- St. Pius X School, Mountlake Terrace
- St. Therese Catholic Academy, Seattle
- Visitation School, Tacoma
- Pope John Paul II High School, Lacey