Assistance to Schools in Need Program
If you have any questions about this program or the application process,
please contact Susan Ocoma, programs manager, at (206) 748-7988
The Application window for 2015-2016 is closed.
We Are No Longer Accepting Applications. Please check back in September 2016.
about the program
The Fulcrum Foundations's Assistance to Schools in Need Program is designed to assist schools facing financial challenges including anticipated budget deficits, capital projects (planned and emergency) and one-time expenses related to maintaining the excellence of the academic offerings of the school.
who can apply?
Any school in the Archdiocese of Seattle is eligible to apply for a grant through this program. Only one application per school will be accepted.
What can schools apply for?
The maximum amount that a school may apply for is $50,000. Grants awarded through this program are intended for needs in the following categories:
- Budget - anticipated budget deficit at fiscal year-end
- Capital Projects - planned, emergency or other critical updates to facility
- Expenses - one-time or unanticipated costs related to maintaining the excellence of the academic offerings of the school
how are awards determined?
Factors considered in determining grant awards and amounts include:
- Demonstration of financial need
- A clear connection to a plan: a strategic plan, curricular plan, capital improvement plan or accreditation goals
when is the application deadline and when will grant determinations be announced?
The application will be available on September 28, 2015. Applications must be submitted online by October 30th, 2015, to be considered for funding. All applicants will receive notice of the outcome of their grant by late January.