Assistance to Schools in Need Program
If you have any questions about this program or the application process,
please contact Susan Ocoma, programs manager, at (206) 748-7988
The application deadline for the 2014-2015 school year was October 31st. We are no longer accepting applications.
about the program
The Fulcrum Foundations's Assistance to Schools in Need Program is designed to assist schools facing financial challenges including anticipated budget deficits, capital projects (planned and emergency) and one-time expenses related to maintaining the excellence of the academic offerings of the school.
who can apply?
Any school in the Archdiocese of Seattle is eligible to apply for a grant through this program. Only one application per school will be accepted.
What can schools apply for?
The maximum amount that a school may apply for is $50,000. Grants awarded through this program are intended for needs in the following categories:
- Budget - anticipated budget deficit at fiscal year-end
- Capital Projects - planned, emergency or other critical updates to facility
- Expenses - one-time or unanticipated costs related to maintaining the excellence of the academic offerings of the school
how are awards determined?
Factors considered in determining grant awards and amounts include:
- Demonstration of financial need
- A clear connection to a plan: a strategic plan, curricular plan, capital improvement plan or accreditation goals
when is the application deadline and when will grant determinations be announced?
The application will be available on Fulcrum's website on September 29, 2014. Applications must be mailed (postmarked) by October 31, 2014, to be considered for funding. All applicants will receive notice via email by January 23, 2015 of the outcome of their application. Letters with more detailed information will be mailed by no later than February 10, 2015.